Well-connected by major international airlines
New Zealand is serviced by airlines in Star Alliance, oneworld and SkyTeam.
International Connections to Auckland
540+ weekly flights connecting Auckland to the world. 15+ international flight arrivals every day. 29 international airlines fly direct to Auckland from 44 destinations around the world.
Upon arrival into Tāmaki Makaurau, Auckland the central city is just 25km or a 35-minute journey by public transport or taxi from the international airport.
Tāmaki Makaurau, Auckland is well connected to the rest of New Zealand, with daily flights to all of the country’s main centres and popular tourist destinations.
Having the right passport and visa organised is the key to a trouble-free entry for delegates into New Zealand.
New Zealand’s immigration requirements
We enjoy welcoming visitors to New Zealand and we’d like to think that when you come here, you have an experience to remember—but for the right reasons. So if you’re coming to New Zealand, it’s a good idea to make sure you have everything ready. When you arrive in New Zealand, you’ll need to be carrying a passport that is valid for at least three months beyond your intended departure date. Some visitors and transit passengers can travel to New Zealand without a visa if they get an NZeTA (New Zealand Electronic Travel Authority) before they travel.
Things to note about NZeTA:
- If you are from a visa waiver country you must hold an NZeTA before you travel.
- Allow up to 72 hours for processing, but it could take as little as 10 minutes.
- An NZeTA request costs NZD $9 on our free app, or NZD $12 if completed online.
- You pay an International Visitor Conservation and Tourism Levy (IVL) at the same time as your NZeTA. This costs NZD $35.
- Once you have requested an NZeTA you can check its status.
For more information about NZeTA visit www.immigration.govt.nz