Why New Zealand
Here are excellent reasons to bring IRPA 17 to New Zealand in 2028:
- We are world leaders in radon issues in geothermal power production.
- Easily accessible from overseas.
- The New Zealand International Convention Centre, a state-of-the-art venue will operate as carbon neutral, one of only two of its kind in the world.
- New Zealand is a bucket list destination – stunning natural backdrops, diverse experiences and activities and a warm, genuine hospitality that stays with you long after you leave.
- New Zealand is a safe destination to visit, voted 2nd on the Global Peace Index.
In safe hands
ARPS has run an annual conference since 1975 to ensure the radiation protection society remains relevant, and in tune with the changing needs of everyone in the industry.
Tāmaki Makaurau, Auckland also has a strong track record of hosting seamless and memorable conferences and business events. In 2019 the International Congress & Convention Association (ICCA) ranked Auckland 3rd in Australasia for the number of business events hosted.
Successful conferences held in the city in 2019 include:
- The International Conference on Intelligent Transportation Systems
- International Semantic Web Conference
- International Society Gastro Intestinal Hereditary Tumours Conference
- International Neonatal Nurses Conference
About the Host Organisation
ARPS was founded in 1975 and has more than 250 members engaged in radiation protection activities.
Members are involved in a variety of activities designed to ensure the safe use of both ionizing and non‑ionizing radiation for a wide variety of applications, in medicine, pure and applied science, industry and mining.
The Society was renamed the Australasian Radiation Protection Society in 1997 to reflect the increasing involvement of members from outside of Australia, particularly from New Zealand.
The primary objective of the society is to promote the principles, and practice of radiation protection, and to this end it seeks to:
- Establish, and maintain professional standards of radiation protection practice
- Encourage co‑operation among persons engaged in radiation protection activities
- Provide for and give support to scientific meetings on topics related to radiation protection
- Encourage publications in the field of radiation protection
Meet the Team
ARPS has established the following leadership team for the IRPA 17.
YOUR HOST CITY
Auckland, New Zealand
Auckland is an innovative globally connected city and the economic powerhouse of New Zealand — a country ranked first in the world for ease of doing business.